ENRICHMENT AT SANDPIPER
We deliver enrichment programs at Sandpiper because we recognize that the intellectual, social and emotional growth of our children doesn't end when the school bell rings. We recognize that there is enormous value for our children when volunteers choose to give their time and share their skills because they care.
We don't spend big budgets on PTA enrichment. Infact less than 2% of our total PTA income is allocated to enrichment.
PTA Enrichment means:
- A program is run before, during or after school
- It's run by volunteers (usually parents) who are not reimbursed for their time
- These volunteers don't pay rent for the space they use
- It's open to any student (classes might be capped by size or focused on age range)
- Donations can be solicited, but are not mandatory
- The PTA/School District is responsible for ensuring that the program is accessible and compliant
- Our members approve a modest annual budget to cover the cost of expenses
- Parents interested in creating enrichment submit a proposal that PTA members approve
- Our offering is volunteer dependent
- We promote all enrichment in our PTA eNews so everyone gets a chance to sign up at the same time
The list of PTA enrichment is below:
Vendor Led Programs
Our school organizes private vendor programs that we advertise to our community through our PTA eNews. In these cases the costs are met by the students who take part. Since these programs are fee based they are not PTA enrichments. Vendors will pay rent and are responsible for ensuring the program is accessible and compliant. The PTA does not endorse these programs so families should research these activities and services before enrolling their children. These programs are always advertized in eNews. The Redwood City Community Center on our campus also offers a number of vendor led programs.
What skills can you share?
Our PTA wants to deliver grade wide enrichment at Sandpiper and needs your help! We are looking to create new enrichment clubs for all ages across any type of topic that you have an interest in or passion for. If you want to lead a short term enrichment (8-10 weeks) to improve our student’s lives please let our Enrichment Chair know.